Tuesday, June 2, 2009

October Sky

The movie October Sky took place on October 5th,1957 and the connections that it had with science and math was a boy named Homer Hakim and a few of his friends wanted to build rockets and launch them, but Homer's dad wanted his son to follow in his footsteps and work in coal mines just like him.He didn't like that his son was interested in building rockets instead of learning how to coal mine.After all of the work that Homer and his friends went throughto build the rockets, his teacher Ms. Riley told him about a science fair coming up and thought he should enter his rocket in it.After all the rockets him and his friends had built they would always learn from what went wrong and improve the mistakes.As the science fair came closer Homer and friends never lost hope in their rockets and were very into the thought of winnining.Some character traits were shown,Homer's dad never showed support and respect for Homer and the fact that he wanted to build rockets and not become a coal miner.Homer also showed self-control when his dad told him that he doesn't like his idea of building rockets.He didn't really create a problem over it, instead he found a way to solve the issue tha his dad was having.The movie was o.k. but could've been better and I feel that at the end I did learn something and it was that I should always do whatever I believe in and not what anybody tells m I haveto do.!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
dayton/quincy circle, new jersey, United States
I luv 2 b spoiled by my grandma and be loved by my family and friends 24/7 also to learn from my wonderful teachers